Hello Internet:
After a while of reading and analyzing the book, it comes to me that we are indeed flawed, that we do try to fight against our own nature, and that fight cannot be won on our own. The hard part is accepting that we focus to much on ourselves and that the self image we have is completely the opposite of what we usually think as we consider ourselves to be good persons in an everyday basis, but still live in conformity thriving for commodity (which brings me to mind the song Kingdom of Comfort from Delirious?). The fact is we are indeed prideful and we think we are above God's grace, only to find out that we keep struggling and following a cycle...
Quoting: "I will obey God because I love God. But if I cannot accept God's love, I cannot love Him in return, and I cannot obey Him. Self-discipline will never make us feel righteous or clean; accepting God's love will." and that's the point, we need to accept God's grace because we are not over it.
But going straight to the book, many of us would think that if it's a book focused on christianity then it would be something of a sermon that you would hear in an church, but in fact it's totally the opposite, more like a long time friend telling you about his life and experiences with God. So if you are in the mood to have a good cup of coffe in the morning or at night and spend a while reflectioning about life and your relationship with God, then it's a good option to read.
But going straight to the book, many of us would think that if it's a book focused on christianity then it would be something of a sermon that you would hear in an church, but in fact it's totally the opposite, more like a long time friend telling you about his life and experiences with God. So if you are in the mood to have a good cup of coffe in the morning or at night and spend a while reflectioning about life and your relationship with God, then it's a good option to read.
I thank Ellen for this recommendation and I'll write as soon as I finish reading that amazing book to further my toughts on this one.
For anyone who might be interested in getting the book, you might get it here.
You can find my friend's blog on We've got the World at our feet
The song is:
I am so glad you are enjoying the book! It is one fo the best ones I have read :)
ResponderEliminarBless you!